Park with an Old Laundry
The park is located in the centre of Oplotnica and was created in 1924 on the property of nobleman Windischgraetz. The park contained a laundry with a shed and the Wood Wool Factory. Plans for the laundry were prepared by the Austrian mayor Karber during the Second World War. Thus they built a shed that was equipped with chairs and tables; the laundry was an important gathering place in those days and was not intended only for washing laundry. It was also used during cattle slaughters for washing intestines. The laundry served its function until the 1970s, when it was replaced by washing machines.
Source: LTO Rogla – Zreče